Veils provides four VCAs with an adjustable response curve.
Veils’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels to be mixed together.
The cornerstones of modular patches
VCAs are absolutely essential in a modular system, for example for:
- Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope
- Animating a mixture of several oscillators
- Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
- Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Gain range: maximum gain of 2 (+6dB) in linear operation, 10 (+20dB) in exponential operation.