Akai Standalone MPC X Studio Production Workstation
The Beast, Unleashed
The X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full color 10.1” multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure sensitive RGB pads and packs 16 gigs of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity. Rounding out the controls are dedicated menu buttons, a large master encoder knob and 16 touch-sensitive 360º assignable pots (Q-Links) with OLED displays, perfect for precisely automating individual parameters and delivering expressively nuanced recordings.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Powering the mighty X is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional’s new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC X in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC with the X tethered to a computer. A number of major workflow enhancements have been added to 2.0, including: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, refined Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop – all appearing on a new graphical interface. Future versions will support Ableton Link.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The X is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own radio-ready kits. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The X features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing more storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
Above and Beyond
The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For the vinyl junkies, two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp have been included to ensure the right levels are coming into the X directly from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. We’re staying true to our roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
The MPC X is the pinnacle of lengthy research and development, detailed feedback from our passionate user base and the merging of the best technologies from across our product line.
“In creating the concept for the MPC X we wanted to preserve the classic MPC feel and workflow that people love,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “But we turned the idea on its head and incorporated the best of what a modern touch-screen interface can offer. What we have now is the most powerful MPC production experience ever.”
We proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the past, present and future of beat-oriented production machines. The MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide for years to come.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1" high-resolution, adjustable, multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- Phono, instrument, mic and line inputs
- 8 Configurable CV/Gate outputs to integrate your modular setup
- 16 Q-Link knobs with graphical displays
- 2 MIDI Inputs and 4 MIDI Outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- 2GB of RAM
- Full-size SD card slot
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
SPECS & REQUIREMENTS
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.10.5 or newer
- MPC 2.0: Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB for all content), Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended), Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
- When display is flat: 87.3mm x 504.5mm x 424.4mm
- When display is upright: 213.5mm x 504.5mm x 387.9mm
- When display is flat: 3.4" x 19.9" x 16.7"
- When display is upright: 8.4" x 19.9" x 15.3"