Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer
Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer is analog where it counts and digital where it matters.
The Peak is a powerful eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. They can also become a linear FM source using either the analogue-sounding NCOs or digital wavetables.
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice -- pre-filter, post filter and global - in an analogue signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements, and secondary 'via' assignments are made just a few menu buton presse away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into MAC or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the components software.
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controleld Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables.
- Pre-Filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion
- Polyphonic after-touch and linear FM
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel
- Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons for instant modulation switching
- High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and on board arpeggiator
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminum stand for position (not included)
Peak What's In The Box
- Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
Novation now offer a 2 Year Warranty on this and all other Novation products.