The 4MS Quad Pingable LFO is a compact, playable four-channel tap-tempo, clock-syncable LFO with variable skew and reset.
The QPLFO is designed to be useful in small portable systems that require maximum functionality in minimal space, as well as large systems that need maximum modulation sources.
- Quad "pingable" LFO's -- frequency is set by time between pulses ("ping")
- Each of the 4 channels is an independent LFO
- Can produce a variety of waveshapes: "Pluck," to ramp-down, to triangle, to ramp-up, and all shapes in between
- Channels can easily modulate, trigger, and reset each other for complex and slowly morphing outputs
- Slowest period is about 71 minutes (0.0002 Hz), fastest speed is about 500Hz (marginal tracking up to 1kHz)
- Tap tempo button is free-running (LFO runs indefinitely), but external clock/Ping is auto-stopping (LFO stops when external clock stops)
The QPLFO is 12HP and 1.57 inches (40mm) deep.
A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
- +12V rail:
- 89mA max with jumper selecting external 5V
- 154mA max with jumper selecting internal 5V.
- +5V rail:
- 65mA max with jumper selecting external 5V
- not used (0mA) with jumper selecting internal 5V.
- -12V rail:
- 73mA max
Link to a demonstration video for the 4MS Quad Pingable LFO